River Cottage on the Genesee. Our beautifully restored vintage 1940's "Fireman's Cottage" is nestled on the banks of the Genesee River in Scottsville, NY. A small, quiet hamlet of a dozen or so original cottages known as Mile Wood.
The River Cottage
$200-$225 per night with a max. of 4 guests
$1250 per week
3 night minimum stay, although weekly rentals are preferred
Individual nights by chance, please inquire
Centrally located, the cottage is just 15 minutes from the main Inn, 10 minutes from the airport and U of R, and just 5 minutes from the RIT campus, making this a perfect location for visiting parents, couples looking for a private getaway and a great alternative for families.
The cottage features a fully equipped kitchen with full size appliances, perfect for those cost cutting family meals. Enjoy our private outdoor deck riverside. A table/ chairs and umbrella, along with a new gas grill and lounge chairs makes for easy living by the water.
All household linens are supplied and there is on-site laundry available for your use, making easy work for families. Bring less - play more! Amenities include a new oversized tiled shower with double "rain" showerheads. Cable TV with VCR/DVD/CD and complimentary wireless Internet service. Our large lending library of books, puzzles, games and videos is always available for our guests use. Just bring along your favorite DVD's.
Whether a getaway for two, or just family fun - River Cottage is a quiet, year round, self-catered option. With a hint of romance, and a wood burning stone fireplace for added ambiance in the winter months, you will feel worlds away – yet just 10 minutes from area colleges, shopping and all that downtown Rochester has to offer.
With the amenities and comfort that you have come to expect from the Inn, this centrally heated and air conditioned cottage sits riverside. There is a combination living room /dining area which overlooks the water. The first bedroom has a queen size bed, with 2 twin beds in the 2nd bedroom that can easily be made into a King. A Rollaway and Pack N Play is available at no additional charge. The cottage sleeps four comfortably, but can easily accommodate an additional guest on the rollaway.
There is a boat launch nearby should you wish to bring your boat, and many bicycle paths in the area for riding your bikes. Activities nearby include: canoeing, hiking, biking, boating, swimming, skating, beautiful lake beaches, fishing, lakes/rivers/canals, restaurants, wineries, golf courses, antique shops and more...
Location, Location, Location!
Just 5 minutes from the cottage is the historic Genesee Valley Park which is a Fredrick Law Olmstead designed park that is dominated by three intersecting waterways, Red Creek, the Genesee River and the New York State Barge Canal. We highly recommend this 800 acre park which is an ideal access point to a major network of trails along the river and canal as well as the route 390 bike trail and the Genesee Valley Greenway where you can swim, canoe, picnic, sunbathe, ice skate, golf, hike and bike without leaving your back yard!
Genesee Valley Park (see map) has two golf courses. There is the North Golf Course and the South Golf Course. Both are located off of East River Road, just north, across the river from the cottage. For more information contact the club house at (585) 424-2920.
- Reservations are held by guest's Visa, MasterCard, or AMEX card on file.
- 50% deposit (plus a $200 refundable damage deposit) by Visa or MasterCard is required at the time of reservation.
- Balance is due by personal or traveler's check 30 days prior to arrival.
- Deposits are non-refundable.
- A refundable pet/cleaning/damage deposit of $200 applies. Deposit will be happily refunded upon a final check-out inspection of the property.
- 8% state taxes and 6% occupancy taxes are not included in quoted rates.
- Rates subject to change.
- No Pets or children under the age of 10 without prior written approval.
- No Boats, Trailers or RV Parking without prior written approval by the owners.
- Sorry, no fish cleaning/filleting inside the cottage is permitted.
- We are a smoke free environment. Smoking allowed on porches outside only. Our guests are assured a clean environment, free from any lingering, offensive odors.
- As our cottage is located in an area with full time residents, we strictly enforce quiet hours from 10 pm to 8 am. Guests not adhering to this will be asked to leave with no refund. No exceptions.
- We expect our guests to act responsibly and treat our home and property as they would their own. Guest understands and agrees that there will be additional charges billed to your credit card for smoking inside the cottage, any missing or damaged property, or anything that is in need of excessive cleaning, or overly soiled linens deemed beyond normal wear and tear by the housekeepers.
Rates and Cancellation Policies
- $200-$225 per night with a max. occupancy of 5 guests.
- Weekly rates are $1250.00.
- 3 night minimum stay, with weekly rentals preferred.
- Saturday to Sunday rental, single days by chance.
- There is a rollaway available upon request for a 5th guest.
- No cleaning charge if cottage left in condition you received.
Cottage Cancellation Policy:
within a 21 day notice of reservation date, refunds will
be given to the extent that we are able to re-let, less a $30
fee. Early departures noon-refundable.
- Major event and holidays may be refundable, please inquire.
Pets considered with an additional $200 refundable deposit.